Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Chuan Kee Satay ...... one of the best pork satays around.


During the evenings when I have dinner at Old Airport Road Food Centre, I'll always pass by Chuan Kee, look at the delicious satays and then walk away. The queue was simply too long. 

A couple of weeks ago, I went to visit Chuan Kee to buy some raw satays for my BBQ session. I was there when the auntie just lift the shutters. I made my orders before she even turn on the lights for her stall. When I do that, people started to crowd round the stall and started to place their orders.

Chuan Kee used to sell mutton satays as well but probably the pork and chicken ones were already to hot to handle. Now they seldom, or don't sell mutton satays any more. Their pork satay is one of the best around. Each stick has 2 sections of lean meat sandwiching a piece of lard. I thought the chicken satay is just alright. The satay gravy that they provide came with a good portion of grated pineapple. This made the satays here special. 

After trying Chuan Kee's satay, the pent up impatience from the 30 mins wait just dissolved into thin air. That's just how good it is. Prepare plenty of patience if you decide to have them for dinner. 


51 Old Airport Road #01-85 
Old Airport Road Food Centre
Singapore

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails