Sunday, December 14, 2008

Xiu Ji Ikan Bilis Yong Tau Fu .......... Freshly made Yong Tau Fu to whet your appetite



The first time I ate at Xiu Ji was at the temporary market at Outram when the Chinatown food centre was under renovation. I was surprised by the long queue at 6.30am in the morning. Xiu Ji starts business at 5.45am to be exact. When the renovation was completed, Xiu Ji was back in the Chinatown Complex Food Centre.

It took me sometime to locate it. But when you're near, you'll know it. Before I reach the stall or even see it, I saw a queue of people right beside the toilet. How can so many people be queuing for public toilet at 7:45am in the morning. I guess I must be near Xiu Ji. Bingo!

Xiu Ji occupies 2 stall spaces that are right beside each other. #02-87 is used to prepare the fresh Yong Tau Fu and #02-88 is the source of the human queue.

This is my set of Yong Tau Fu with an extra fish cake at S$3.50. Its a good deal ..........



The bowl of freshly made Yong Tau Fu in the tasty soup. At this stall, you do not need to choose the Yon Tau Fu items ...........



I ordered dried kway tiao mee and Xiu Ji's characteristic ikan bilis (anchovies) is sprinkled over the kway tiao mee. The ikan bilis when mixed with the noodles makes it very appetising. The fish cake is an extra S$0.50 a piece. If you order soup Yong Tau Fu noodles, the ikan bilis will be held inside the plastic spoon to keep it dry so that the ikan bilis do not lose its crispiness before you find a table to enjoy your food ..........



Cost : S$3 per serving (S$0.50 for an extra piece of fish cake)

Address : Blk 335 Smith Street #02-88 Chinatown Complex Food Centre

Opening hours : 5.45am ~ 1.00pm

Country : Singapore

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails