Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Menya Shinchan ................. Ramen is Art!

It was one lazy Sunday afternoon. Both me and my wife had caught up on sleep after a busy week. My wife woke up from our nap. It was raining then and the weather was cool. It's a good weather for some hot soupy food. My wife recalled a name that her boss recommended to her before, Menya Shinchan in Robertson Quay.

The boss of Menya Shinchan was a Japanese expatriate who was with a well known Japanese company. He quit his job and set-up Menya Shinchan noodle restaurant, following his passion for authentic Japanese ramen from his home country.

The hot soupy ramen taste much nicer during cooler weather (it was raining outside while we were eating). The ramen reminds us of the good ramen that we had in a ramen shop at Hokkaido's, Hakodate, Goryokaku-cho 29-22, opposite the Goryokaku Park.

The following are what we ate.

Shinjiro Ramen - Pork bone soup ramen upsized (S$13) - The portion is huge with bean sprouts and cabbage filled in a heap. I can hardly finish the noodles.


Char Siew Ramen (Normal size - S$11)


The gyoza at Menya Shinchan is good too!

Other food sites suggested the Mazesoba but not the upsized version unless you are very hungry!

Address : 30 Robertson Quay, #01-05 Riverside View, Singapore 238251

Tel : +65 6732 0114

Opening hours : Open Daily 11:30am - 3:00pm, 6:30pm - 10:00pm, (Sunday 6:00pm - 10:00pm)

Country : Singapore

1 comment:

Sapuche said...

Oh man. The mention of ramen in Hokkaido makes my stomach pleasantly tremble. I lived in Sapporo for seveal months and loved to hit Ramen Alley in Susukino after a beer or two too many. I went to Hakodate, but never had the good fortune of eating ramen there. I agree: ramen IS art!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails