Saturday, August 27, 2011

Fook Seng Goldenhill Chicken Rice inside the quaint Jalan Rumah Tinggi housing estate

HY's craving for chicken rice has done it again. She had sniffed out a 'ho liao' (good stuff in Hokkien) chicken rice shop at Jalan Rumah Tinggi. I can't believe it. We were living in the vicinity for almost 10 years and we didn't discover this gem of a chicken rice stall until now. It's such a shame.

Fook Seng is located in an quaint old housing estate in Jalan Rumah Tinggi where the Bus 63 terminal is located. The shop space is located on the 1st floor of a housing block. There no fuss about the shop. Foldable tables and plastic chairs were laid out to fill up as much of the space as possible. This area is so quaint that I'm half suspecting some kampong chicken running around on the grass patch behind the shop. The chicken here was super tender. I'm a 'breast' man when it comes to chicken rice and the plate of chicken breast meat that HY and I ate is one of the best! The garlic chilli here is a must-try and is quite spicy. Apart from chicken rice, Fook Seng also serve chicken porridge and even raw fish as a side dish. Nothing beats the joy of finding good food and fulfilling the desires of our palates. Yummy.



37 Jalan Rumah Tinggi #01-429
Singapore
Tel : 9777 3318
Fook Seng's Website

2 comments:

red fir said...

I recently tried the original Sin Kee @ Meichin Food Centre & it's really one of the best chicken rice I've eaten. Another of my favorites is Heng Ji @ Chinatown Complex Food Centre. Have yet to try Fook Seng. Heard much good things about this.

Unknown said...

I prefer Fook Seng to Sin Kee. The chicken breast is slightly more tender and the plus factor is it's reclusive location. I've to try Heng Ji. My dad has been telling me how good it is.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails