Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Simple Lunch at Loysel's Toy perks up my day

I was supposed to rest for the day after a harrowing tooth extraction that manifest into a minor surgery. Spare you the details. Anyway, my spirit was feeling down after being sedated by pain killers until noon time.  Before heading back to office, I head down to Loysel's Toy for a simple lunch that helped perk me up.

Loysel's Toy is located in Kampong Bugis, quite a distance away from the main road, which means it's away from the bustle. It's easily accessible by car and taxi but quite a distance walk from other primary modes of public transport. The background behind this coffee crafter's name would also hint a promise of a good cup of brew.

Loysel's Toy cafe latte (S$4/glass) was what had perked me up. It's one of the most balanced latte. The coffee was fragrant and the milk wasn't too rich to mask the taste of the beans. Coffee have to be good here as Barista Ryan Tan, winner of the 2011 Singapore National Barista Championship is the man behind the espresso machine. As they have claimed themselves to be coffee crafters, there's more than cafe lattes to suit your peculiar caffeine whims.


Doc's instruction is to have soft food. I thought my order of Chicken Sandwich wouldn't go down well with that. On the contrary, this sandwich was exactly what Doc had prescribed. The bread was airy, light and soft. The tender roast chicken was shredded and easy to munch. Highlight of this sandwich was the homemade curry mayonnaise which was smooth and not really spicy. Thin slices of mangoes added to this sandwich was a novelty. It gave sweetness to the sandwich and I thought it was mango chutney that was added. It was a simple enough lunch that was easy on my sedated palate. Together with the superb cuppa, they made my day!

From where I sat, I caught these retro looking chairs that rekindle some childhood memories.


Loysel's Toy can trace its origins to Papa Palheta that is located in Bukit Timah. I gotta find some time to travel further out to Papa Palheta for their cuppa.

66 Kampong Bugis
Ture #01-01
Singapore
Tel : 9451 0236
Loysel's Toy Website

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, do drop by The Muffinry as well, its a small cafe which serves really good muffins and coffee.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails