Saturday, September 26, 2009

The Lunar 15th day of the 8th month comes close ......... it's time for Mooncakes (Part 1)




Exquisite packaging of the Sze Chuan Court Mooncakes

HY and I reserved boxes of mooncakes for our parents and my sister-in-law and had since delivered them ahead of time and only to realise that we didn't order any for ourselves. I haven't tasted mooncakes this year and the ones that were distributed in my office were snapped up very fast. A different story was painted over at HY's office. She had tasted so many and nobody in her office wanted more. When I was back home last night after a booze session, I found a box of Sze Chuan Court Snow Skin mooncakes inside the fridge. Like always, although I was elated like when one of the "toys" off my wish list was checked, I didn't say thank you but demanded why she didn't buy me the Raffles Hotel Champagne Truffle mooncake (A little nasty but that was just the way we communicate). "I've tried almost all the different types in the market. Sze Chuan Court's Champagne Truffle is the best", she retorted with a cheekily smug look and continued watching TV.

The box of 8 snow skin mooncakes from Sze Chuan Court
Here's the color codes for the different flavours
Yellowish Green - Mini Snow Skin Champagne Truffle & Chocolate Ganache
Orange - Mini Snow Skin Baileys Chocolate
Pink - Mini Snow Skin Feulletine-Hazelnut with Wafer Crunch Nuts
White - Mini Snow Skin Rum and Raisin Chocolate Truffle



Mini Snow Skin Champagne Truffle & Chocolate Ganache
I thought this flavour was as good as the Raffle Hotel one.
The Champagne Truffle provided that liquored taste that
intertwine with the wholesome sweetness. I'll know where to
get an alternative next time when Raffle Hotel ran out of the
snow skin champagne truffle mooncake next time.



Mini Snow Skin Rum and Raisin Chocolate Truffle
Maybe it was the after taste of the Hoegardens and Kilkennys last
night that numbed my taste buds. I couldn't taste any difference
rum and the previous champagne flavours. So this was equally nice to me.



Mini Snow Skin Feulletine-Hazelnut with Wafer Crunch Nuts
If you like that tangy snow skins mixed with the little wafer
crunchiness in your mouth, this is the one for you. It was mostly
nutty sweetness that was good. But I still prefer the alcoholic ones.



Mini Snow Skin Baileys Chocolate
Sectioning this mooncake revealed the baileys core that had
a "wet-look". The runny texture gave that little juice-oozing
experience as you bite through the core. This was especially
delightful when Bailey's is one of my favourite drink.



There are some promotional discounts with some major credit cards. Just call and check it out.

Address : 2 Stamford Road, Sze Chuan Court, Level 3, Swissotel the Stamford, Fairmont Hotel

Tel : +65 6338 8785

Country : Singapore

2 comments:

red fir said...

Oh what a coincidence! Look out for my next post. :)

Unknown said...

Hmm ..... That craving of yours right at the corner looks vaguely familiar. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails