Friday, July 9, 2010

龍發豆沙餅 Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah



Loong Fatt Tau Sar Piah (biscuit) has been my favorite tau sar piah. My mum would at times bring back a box of Loong Fatt Tau Sar biscuits after visiting a relative that was living in Balestier area. It's been a long while, my relative have moved away from the area but Loong Fatt still stay put in its original location in that shophouse at the end of the road. Loong Fatt serve the sweet or salty tau sar piah and my favourite is the salty one. The filling is certainly sweet but the difference is in the fluffy skin. The salty version has the skin a tard saltier than the sweet version. At least that's how I made out the difference. I just like the balanced salty fluffy exterior with the sweet tau sar filling inside. There may be some other tau sar piah stall near the stretch that also made quite a name but I'm still rooted to Loong Fatt.

Here's my box of six that I brought home.


The filling inside the fluffy skin.


Inside the kitchen where the tau sar piah making takes place.


*All photos here taken with the iPhone 3GS.

639 Balestier Road
Singapore
Tel : 62534584

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails